About Our Books
- Books published by The Antient Press are historical records from the Colonial period from approximately 1650-1850.
- The records have been transcribed as much as feasible, in their entirety.
- Early books were actually transcribed at the various courthouses from the original record books.
- Books published by The Antient Press are perfect bound, 8 ½” by 11” and exclusively distributed.
- Antient Press books are primarily reproductions of the original copyrighted publications by Ruth and Sam Sparacio.
- All prices include postage and handling.
- We extend a 10% discounts to libraries, genealogical and historical societies.
Description of Our Books
Order Books: Transcripts from the court records that are the ruling of the court in civil matters. For example, property disputes, slaves. This information is similar to our present day small claims and civil courts.
Will Books: Recorded estate transfers deemed legitimate by the court.
Deed Books: Land transfers that are recorded by the court.
Deed & Will Books: Combination of the Deeds and Wills.
Land Tax: These books contain the names of land owners, the number of acres owned, the value per acre, the total value of the land and the amount of the tax assessed for the total value of the land.
Minute Book: Minutes of Court Orders, similar to Order Books
Inventories: The Inventories, estate accounts and estate sales of King George County, not part of Will Books as in most counties.
Land Book Alterations: Lists of land owners, the amount of land owned, the value of the land, and the tax on the value of the land at one and one half percent.
Titheable Lists: Tax lists.
Record Accounts: Court Orders.